Butter - Carton / case Palletiser
Meadow Foods was established in 1992 as a farmer-backed milk buying and dairy trading business. They process a growing portfolio of dairy products including butter, cheeses and sweetened foods.
Meadow Foods enlisted the food sector expertise of Webster Griffin when commissioning a new palletiser and stretch wrapper for their boxes of butter.
Meadow Foods required a high speed, fully automatic solution to increase productive capacity in response to growing demand.
For this project the following system attributes were essential.
- A fully automatic system to deliver maximum productivity whilst reducing the labour input required.
- A high-speed solution was required to ensure a consistently high throughput to meet production targets.
- Automated conveyors to keep transitions smooth at the speeds needed to achieve the desired throughput.
- Flexibility to cater to both 12.5kg and 25kg boxes on the same production line.
After inspecting the site and establishing objectives with the customer, Webster Griffin recommended a high speed palletising and stretch wrapping line. The system boasts the following key characteristics:
- Okura A700 robot with heavy duty base.
- Okura’s advanced OXPA-QmV “easy-teach” palletising software with capabilities to create unique palletising programs.
- Colour Touch Screen HMI PLC control panel for complete control.
- Vacuum type robot hand to pick and place filled boxes without damaging packaging, the design can pick up two boxes at a time meaning a faster process.
- An Integrated system of mechanised conveyors for full automation.
- On set of floor mounted guides for a pallet slip sheet and storage.
- One heavy duty semi automatic stretch wrapper model Uniwrap 100S, configured for easy pallet removal using a standard fork lift truck.
After a successful Webster Griffin led installation, Meadow Foods began to experience the benefits of their new acquisition.
- Increased productivity, Meadow Foods are achieving a product throughput of up to 240 boxes an hour on their 25kg boxes and up to 360 boxes an hour on their 12.5kg boxes.
- A reduction in labour dedicated to the line.
- Neat, square pallets delivered through highly precise box lifting and placement.
- Waterproofed pallets of product , easy to handle and sturdy enough to withstand transportation.