PET PELLET - Big Bag Filling LINE
Multinational Indian conglomerate Reliance have a strong presence in a number of industries including petrochemicals and telecommunications. Reliance’s Jamnagar Petroleum Refinery is the largest in the world.
Webster Griffin were asked by Reliance to supply seven big bag filling lines for a new installation at their Dahej plant.
- Machines had to connect at height to customer’s substantial system of product distribution silos
- The machines were supplied with two storey self-supporting platforms to allow operator access to the systems dosing valves and feed system
- The customer had a rigorous quality assurance system involving two third party consultants
- The customer wanted to be able to see Bag and Weight data for analysis and identification
- The customer wanted to be able to run the plant with minimal labour
- Contamination of product not acceptable - metal detection required
- Webster Griffin proposed variations on the robust IBC PF4 machines modified through discussions with the customer and project consultants to suit the product to be processed by each machine
- Inline metal detection fitted to system feeds
2 ton capacity buffer hoppers and dosing valves for control of product moving from the main silos
- 2 x Weigh platforms per system for bag weighing and check weighing
- Vibration table for maximum compaction of product
- Inline ticket printing system accessible to the operator for application of tickets
- Bag data transmission and logging
- Central operator platform enabled application of bag labels and bag tying from one point.
- Third system was designed to move along a WG supplied rail to allow connection to one of three silos
- The system achieved 40 Bags/hour throughput
- Excellent weight accuracy
- Reliable system running 24 hours
- Reduction in labour requirements to two machine operators and 1 forklift operator