New High Speed Robot Bag Palletising System For BioMar
Webster Griffin have supplied over 262 systems for filling all types of chemicals, plastics, minerals, fertiliser, feeds, food ingredients and sugar into big bags and super sacks.
Several Years ago BioMar contacted Webster Griffin in search of a new bagging line to fill 500 to 1250kg bags of pelleted fish feed at their factory at Grangemouth Scotland.
Having analysed Wagg Foods requirements, Webster Griffin Provided The Following Solution:
- Robot palletising system, model Ai1800 with conveyors.
- Bag hand - manually adjustable for different sized bags, including bag top clamps and independently operating side plates which guide the bag as it is placed onto the pallet. With our design the bag is held securely on four sides while it is moved from the pick-up conveyor to the pallet.
- High mechanical fence guarding for the robot palletising system including three interlocked access doors. We are also utilizing the wall of the building.
- Automatic empty pallet magazine. Designed to handle 4-way entry pallets. Our pallet magazine is easily adjusted for different pallet widths.
- One main control panel for the robot system the above, including controls for all belt conveyors.
Precision High Speed Palletising
This year they have also requested a new high speed Robot palletising system to compliment and work synergistically with their exsisting packaging equipment.
Whilst also providing more labour savings, increased productivity, and enhanced automation to their end of line packaging solution.
Webster Griffin has extensive experience supplying bagging machinery for packing salmon and commercial fish feed to various clients located in Scotland, Ecuador, Chile.
The Robot Palletiser would be handling 20 & 25 kg bags containing pelleted fish feed arriving from Biomar’s existing FFS bagging machine and bag conveyors. Webster Griffin expect the output to reach speeds of up to 1100 bags/hr (27.5 tph).