granular organic fertiliser - FFS Bagging
Keppel Seghers has partnered with the Public Works Authority of Qatar to develop the Doha North Sewage Treatment Works. This landmark project is the only wastewater treatment, water reuse and sludge treatment plant in Qatar. The facility is equipped with thermal drying processes to treat wastewater sludge. The dried and pelletised sludge will be used as soil conditioners or refuse-derived fuel. With a peak design capacity to treat wastewater of up to 439,000m3 per day, the Doha North Sewage Treatment Works serves a projected population of over 900,000 people.
- Webster Griffin won the US $800,000 contract to supply two fully automatic bag packing and palletising lines for the new sewerage treatment works in Doha, Qatar in the Middle East.
- Webster Griffin acted as subcontractor to TSL Engineering PTE Singapore.
- Webster Griffin’s scope includes detail design, engineering, testing, installation, start-up and training co-ordinated from Webster Griffin’s service centre in Dubai.
- The plant receives and treats sludge from Waste Water Treatment Plants all over Qatar and the treated sludge can be used as a supplementary green source of energy or as a pelletised organic fertilizer.
- Keppel Seghers commissioned Webster Griffin to pack a granular organic fertiliser. Into 10kg plastic bags using new hi-tech Form Fill Seal (FFS) bagging machinery and robot bag palletising system.
Keppel Seghers required high levels of automation, consequently Webster Griffin recommended two fully automatic FFS Velocity pellet bagging machines with one bag palletising Okura robot to ensure maximum levels of throughput for the client.
Within this system it also included:
- Volumetric dosing system suitable for handling organic granular fertiliser.
- Bag shaker to settle granules into bag during filling.
- Heavy duty folded steel frame, for hygiene and easy cleaning.
- One HMI operators colour Touch Screen panel.
- One powered belt conveyor.
- One bag flattening conveyor.
- Machine guarding with access to machine, all doors are interlocked with safety switches, machine in total compliance with latest CE regulations.
- One standard empty pallet magazine.
- One high throughput bag palletising robot type Okura III series.
- User friendly touch screen control panel with OXPA ‘Easy Teach’ software with 100 pre-set palletising programmes for different bag sizes, product type and stacking patterns.
- Doha North is a model project for the International Water Community, incoming water will be treated to International standards for safe disposal and for re-use, solid waste is treated, dried and converted into a slow release organic fertilizer which is a used as a soil conditioner for planting purposes.
- A high bagging rate of 600 x 10kg bags an hour (6 tonnes/Hr) from the Form Fill Seal machine combined with an advanced Okura robot that palletising at speeds of up to 700 bags an hour.
- A higher level of automation allows workers to focus on more important tasks.
- Continuous production around the clock allows Keppel Seghers to cater to customer demands
- Packed bags are palletised with precision and dexterity, ready for transportation to end user.
- This is the third project of this kind which Webster Griffin has been awarded in the region and follows their installations at Saudi Aramco Dhahran STW (Sewage Treatment Works) and for Dubai Municipalities new sewage treatment works in Jebel Ali where Enpure and Al Ahmadiah Aktor are the main contractors.